INFORMATION MEDIAALPHA COLLECTS
- Information Advertiser provide to us through the Services or Insertion Orders or other documents.
- Information MediaAlpha collects automatically when Advertiser uses MediaAlpha Exchange or the MediaAlpha Sites.
- Information Advertiser provides to us when Advertiser call us or when MediaAlpha calls Advertiser.
- Information MediaAlpha gets from Advertiser’s personnel, agents, partners, contractors, and service providers and from other third party sources.
- Any other information Advertiser chooses to provide to MediaAlpha.
For each of these categories, MediaAlpha uses the information to provide the Services to Advertiser, to communicate with Advertiser, to process Advertiser’s request(s), to understand how the Services are used, to improve the Services, and to comply with applicable laws. Additional details on each category is provided below.
Information Advertiser Provides to MediaAlpha Through the Services
When Advertiser uses the Services, MediaAlpha collects information that Advertiser chooses to provide to us to create an account and to use the Services including to buy Leads. For example, when Advertiser elects to create an account, MediaAlpha may allow Advertiser to provide Advertiser’s name, address, telephone number, email, carrier affiliation, payment information (such as a credit card) and other information in order to create Advertiser’s account and grant Advertiser access to the Services. Advertiser may also use the functionality provided in the Services to provide us with Advertiser’s Lead filtering parameters for geography and Customer types (e.g., premium, preferred, standard, non-standard, etc.) and to set Advertiser’s Lead purchase schedule and daily limits.
Information MediaAlpha Collects Automatically When Advertiser Uses the Services
When Advertiser uses the Services, MediaAlpha collects information about Advertiser’s use of the Services and how Advertiser used them, in addition to information about Advertiser’s activity, browser, and device. Like most online services, MediaAlpha may collect such information by using online tracking technologies, such as cookies, pixels, tags, and other unique identifiers (go to allaboutcookies.org or youronlinechoices.eu to learn more about such tracking technologies). Below is a more detailed explanation of the types of information MediaAlpha collect automatically when Advertiser uses the Services:
- Usage Information. MediaAlpha collect information about Advertiser’s activity through the Services. For example, MediaAlpha may collect information about:
- How Advertiser interacts with the Services;
- Which pages Advertiser visited and which ones Advertiser visited immediately before or after navigating to the Services or a MediaAlpha Site;
- Advertiser’s access and use of Advertiser’s account including the Lead filtering parameters for geography and Customer types (e.g., premium, preferred, standard, non-standard, etc.), the Lead purchase schedule and daily limits functionality, the Leads Advertiser bid on, Advertiser’s bid price, which Leads Advertiser buy, and which Leads Advertiser return; and
- Other demographic and usage information.
- Device, Browser, and Location Information. MediaAlpha collect information from and about the devices and browsers Advertiser uses and about Advertiser’s location. For example, MediaAlpha collects:
- Device type, browser type, IP Address (which is treated as personal information in some jurisdictions, but which MediaAlpha use only to identify Advertiser’s geographic area and to comply with applicable laws); and
- Identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify Advertiser’s device or browser.
- Interactions with Emails and other Communications. MediaAlpha may also collect information when Advertiser interacts with MediaAlpha’s emails and other communications that MediaAlpha send to Advertiser (including whether Advertiser opened, forwarded or selected a link or content in such email). For example, MediaAlpha may use information Advertiser submits to us through the Services placed on third-party websites to show Advertiser more relevant Leads and information on the use of the Services or other services MediaAlpha offers that Advertiser may be interested in.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If Advertiser prefers, Advertiser can usually remove or reject browser cookies through the settings on Advertiser’s browser or device. Keep in mind, though, that removing or rejecting cookies could affects the availability and functionality of the Services. For instance, some cookies are essential (or are required) for Advertiser to access and use the Services. For example, if Advertiser reject all cookies, then Advertiser will not be able to access and use the Services as the technology MediaAlpha use will not be able to authenticate Advertiser as an authorized user. To learn more about Advertiser’s choices, please check out Cookies and Other Technologies.
Information Advertiser Provides to MediaAlpha When Advertiser Calls MediaAlpha or When MediaAlpha Calls Advertiser
MediaAlpha may collect information from Advertiser when Advertiser calls MediaAlpha or when MediaAlpha calls Advertiser. The categories of information MediaAlpha collects from Advertiser or that Advertiser can provide to MediaAlpha through phone calls depends on the nature of the purpose of Advertiser’s call and the Services Advertiser is calling about.
Information MediaAlpha Receives from Suppliers, Third Parties, and other Sources
MediaAlpha may receive information about Advertiser from suppliers, those businesses that provide MediaAlpha services (such as service providers, contractors, and consultants), third parties, or other online or offline sources. MediaAlpha may combine such information with the information Advertiser has provided to MediaAlpha in order to provide and improve the Services including, among other ways, to filter or select the best Leads to show to Advertiser or to measure the performance of services to Advertiser.
Any Other Information Advertiser Chooses to Provide to MediaAlpha
When Advertiser contact MediaAlpha, including by mail or email, or communicate with MediaAlpha in any other way, MediaAlpha collects whatever information Advertiser volunteers or that MediaAlpha needs to resolve Advertiser’s question or request. The categories of information MediaAlpha collects from Advertiser or that Advertiser can provide to MediaAlpha through mail, email, or other means depends on the purpose of Advertiser’s communication to MediaAlpha.