What is MediaAlpha for Agents?
MediaAlpha for Agents is a lead-buying platform where P&C insurance agents can set up accounts to buy high-quality leads in a transparent and efficient manner. Built on the same principles as our existing carrier marketplace, MediaAlpha for Agents emphasizes transparency and flexibility in purchasing leads, all with the support of unmatched customer service.
Why should I buy leads from MediaAlpha?
To help grow your business, MediaAlpha delivers high-quality insurance leads with flexible purchase options. Our easy-to-use platform offers Automatic Lead Delivery and Browse and Buy options – a buying feature that only MediaAlpha provides. You’ll also get dedicated client success support to help optimize your lead buying strategy.
How do I sign up for MediaAlpha for Agents?
To get started, please fill out our form or reach out to us at email@example.com.
What lead products does MediaAlpha offer to insurance agents?
MediaAlpha currently offers auto leads. We may offer other lead products in the future.
How do I buy leads from MediaAlpha?
There are two ways to buy leads:
- Automatic Lead Delivery: Create a lead buying campaign that filters leads to focus on your best potential customers, specify the price you’re willing to pay per lead, and set a daily lead cap. You’ll automatically receive notifications every time you win a new lead.
- Browse and Buy: Browse a real-time feed of available leads and individually select leads to purchase. Choose to buy leads immediately and work them on your own schedule, or call them through the platform and only pay when you connect.
How much do MediaAlpha's leads cost?
Built on the same principles of our existing carrier marketplace, MediaAlpha for Agents emphasizes transparency and a right-price bidding model for agent lead-acquisition opportunities. Our platform allows you to set an automatic lead delivery price that makes sense based on your agency’s expected return on investment. Or, you can browse and buy for a fixed price.
How do I pay for my leads from MediaAlpha?
When your account is created by our Client Success Team, you’ll provide your credit card information and a deposit amount to prepay for your leads. Once you log in and confirm your account, you may then buy leads using your deposit amount. To add funds for additional purchases, simply take advantage of our auto-refill feature. Keep in mind that if your account does not have sufficient funds, you will not be able to bid on or purchase new leads.
Is there a minimum spend or contract term required to buy leads from MediaAlpha?
There is no minimum spend and no minimum contract term is required to buy from MediaAlpha. The minimum deposit amount is $100.
Can MediaAlpha guarantee that I will receive X leads per day?
MediaAlpha for Agents is a dynamic marketplace with a right-price bidding model. We cannot guarantee that you will receive a certain number of leads per day; however, you may adjust your lead price or filters at any time to change your volume. We also allow you to set a daily cap to ensure that you only receive a number of leads that is manageable for your team size. Because we know agents are always looking to increase volume, you can also browse and buy additional leads.
How are MediaAlpha's leads generated?
To ensure we can provide the best lead quality possible, our inventory is sourced directly from MediaAlpha’s owned and operated properties and trusted publishing partners. We have built our supply policies to ensure quality across our entire marketplace.
Are MediaAlpha leads TCPA-compliant? Have consumers given express permission to be contacted by agents?
How many other buyers can purchase the same leads? Who are the other buyers?
MediaAlpha sells shared leads to agents and corporate carriers. Each shared lead is sold to no more than four buyers. No lead will be sold to more than one agent who is affiliated with a particular captive carrier.
Does MediaAlpha allow filtering, so that I can filter the types of leads I buy? Can I change these filters at any time?
Yes, MediaAlpha provides filters for geography and consumer types (e.g., premium, preferred, standard, non-standard, etc.). We also allow you to set your own schedule and daily limits, so you only receive leads when you have team members available to work the leads. If you choose to browse and buy, you can also see how many times each lead has been sold and to which carriers, as well as which carrier has already contacted the lead.
How does MediaAlpha verify the information provided by consumers before selling leads to agents?
MediaAlpha partners with third-party vendors to verify lead data, to provide agents with only the highest quality leads.
How will leads be delivered to me?
We will notify you via email when you have won a new lead. There are also options to receive a text message notification, or have leads posted to your Lead Management System of choice. To get started, please fill out our form or reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I return leads to MediaAlpha? What is the return process and policy?
Yes, MediaAlpha allows “bad leads” to be returned. You may request a return for a bad lead by clicking the “Return” button on any lead.
Return requests submitted within the first 72 hours after lead delivery will be instantly approved by MediaAlpha. You may continue requesting returns for up to 7 days after lead delivery. Up to 20% of leads received monthly may be returned.
“Bad leads” include:
- Invalid Contact Information: Phone number and email address are both proven invalid (phone number is disconnected, wrong number, email bounced)
- Fictitious Lead Information: Fake name and/or contact information (Mickey Mouse, Jane Doe, Test Name, etc)
- Filter Criteria Error: The lead data you received does not match your account’s settings (for example: your account filters include only consumers who are currently insured, yet you received a lead with “no” in the “currently insured” field). Excluded information does not apply.
- Duplicate Lead: You received the same lead from MediaAlpha for Agents within the last 30 days.
Note: Although MediaAlpha instantly approves return requests submitted within 72 hours of lead delivery (up to 20% of leads received monthly), all leads are reviewed, and MediaAlpha reserves the right to later reject returns if they are found to not match the criteria above. MediaAlpha also reserves the right to change the return policy in the future – in this event, MediaAlpha will provide you ample notice.
Keep in mind when you return a lead you must stop using it and delete all copies. To learn more about your obligations, read our Lead Return Policy.
Can I give access to my MediaAlpha account to other members of my team?
Yes. Contact our Client Success Team at email@example.com to add additional team members to your account.
Can I pause/cancel my account?
- Accounts can be paused at any time. Simply log in and access Account Setup to pause automated campaigns. While paused, the option to browse and buy leads is still available.
- We hope you never choose to leave us, but if you need assistance, please contact our Client Success Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any available funds on your account (excluding matching or referral bonuses) will be refunded to you.
What internet browsers are supported by MediaAlpha for Agents?
- Windows Operating System
- Microsoft Edge (latest versions)
- Google Chrome (latest versions)
- Mozilla Firefox (latest versions)
- Safari 12 and later
- Google Chrome (latest versions)
- Mozilla Firefox (latest versions)
Do you have a referral program?
Yes, we offer credit for every referred agent who makes a deposit and starts buying leads. Talk to your client success manager and reference the terms for more details.
What promotions do you currently offer?
Agents who sign up and make an initial deposit of at least $250 on a single account will receive equivalent matching funds from MediaAlpha, up to $1,000.
Does my carrier subsidize MediaAlpha for Agents leads through a subsidy program?
MediaAlpha for Agents is not currently part of any carrier subsidy programs.